Prague video maker and crook-fighter Janek Rubes shot yet another video about Prague with thoughtful tips for tourists. Watch it and learn how to best enjoy Prague on a budget, while visiting its restaurants.
As we wrote in our article “TOP10 Tourist Traps in Prague”, Janek Rubes has been shooting series of videos about Prague called Honest Guide. In each video he provides really thoughtful tips for Prague tourists. In one of the latest videos, you can find instructions on how to get the best out of your visit to the Czech Republic’s capital when you have a slightly limited budget. Get to know where in Prague you can have a good quality meal for 100,- CZK and still enjoy the traditional Czech cuisine, or how to tip waiters properly.
A list of recommended Prague budget restaurants from the video
- Jidelna Svetozor at Palac Svetozor, Vodickova 39 11000 Prague 1 (next to Wenceslas Square)
- Ovocny Svetozor at Palac Svetozor, Vodickova 39 11000 Prague 1 (next to Wenceslas Square)
- Restaurant U Provaznice at Provaznicka 3 385/3, 11000 Prague 1 (between Wenceslas Square and Old Town Square)
- Repre Restaurant at Nekazanka 857/4, 11000 Prague 1 (next to Wenceslas Square)
We also recommend following ones where you pay around 100 CZK for a proper meal
- Havelska Koruna, Havelska 21 & 23 11000 Prague 1 (between Wenceslas Square and Old Town Square) – they serve great svickova for 115 CZK, goulash for 105 CZK or schnitzel with potatoes for 109 CZK.
- Dhaba Beas, Vladislavova 1587/24 110 00 Prague 1 (next to Wenceslas Square) – vegetarian restaurant with no service, they offer great variety of food which is priced at 22 CZK per 100 grams.
- Tlusta Mys (Fat Mouse), Vsehrdova 547/19 118 00 Prague 1 (behind Kampa at Ujezd) – typical Czech restaurant which offers daily menu around 100 CZK.
- Hostinec U Vodoucha, Jagellonska 2426/21 130 00 Prague 3 Vinohrady – another typical Czech restaurant which offers daily menu around 100 CZK.
- Burrito Loco – extremely popular Mexican fast food with 8 locations all over the Prague. Tasty beef Burritos or Quesadillas for 139 CZK. Perfect when you are coming home from party as they are open 24/7!
- Bistro Lanka, Milady Horakove 513/17 170 00 Prague 7 – Probably the best Döner Kebab in Prague for only 89 CZK.
The author of the video, Janek Rubes, is a Czech cameraman, actor and director. He was recently listed among the 30 most talented people under the age of 30 years by the Czech magazine Forbes.