Celebrate the first weekend of June in style at the annual Zizkov beer festival. Festivities will be taking place on Friday June 2nd and Saturday June 3rd from 12pm-9pm in Parukarka Park. Prague plays host to countless beer festivals during the summer months and the Zizkov beer festival is one of the best, so it is not to be missed if you a lover of good beer, fresh air and great music.
Just a few reasons why you should be at Zizkov Beer Festival this weekend
1) First off, entry is totally free.
2) There will be 40 different microbreweries to choose from, offering visitors the chance to sample beers that you wouldn’t find in your average Prague pub or restaurant. You will have the chance to discover some of the Czech Republic’s best and most exciting beers.
3) This is not a beer festival which is aimed at tourists, so you’ll see how to relax and have a good time Czech style.
4) Parukarka is beautiful hilltop park, with some great views over Prague.
What about the music?
There’s going to be live music going on from 4pm Friday and 3.30pm Saturday.
Friday’s offerings include the interestingly named indie-rock outfit I Love you Honey Bunny (6pm) and the band Loudky, who play a very atmospheric brand of grunge-rock (4pm). Finally, Travis O’Neill and His Cardinal Sins will be there for some soulful yet highly energetic country/folk tunes (8pm).
Saturday’s acts will be electronic pop specialists Nanosfera (3.30pm), alongside indie-pop collective No Distance Paradise (6pm) and the highly catchy and upbeat indie-pop group, Eddie Stoilow (8pm).
And that’s not all
There’s going to be no shortage of food and snacks, as well as table football and the chance to take part in the competition to decide which is the festival’s best brewery. If you’re planning on bringing any little ones, you will also be able to find face painting and a bouncy castle.
- For more information about the festival, check out their Facebook page.
- Parukarka Park is very close to the tram stop Olsanske Namesti.
Honest Tips For Your Prague Stay
AIRPORT TRANSFER Get a private transfer from/to Prague Airport for a price of regular taxi (€27).
FREE REVOLUT CARD The best way to pay anywhere in the World without worrying about the exchange rates is Revolut. Get your free Revolut card today, and save on the exchange fees and rates.